The hotel is booked and you're ready to get away for a much-needed break.
But is it better to take public transport or hire a car for your weekend getaway?
Let's take a look at the pros and cons of hiring a car vs using public transport systems.
Advantages of hiring a car
- Renting a car proviodes the freedom to travel wherever you want - no strict timetable or last minute buses and trains to catch.
- Using a hire car will give you more freedom with your choice of accommodation. A rental car will mean you aren’t stranded if you’re staying at a villa in a quieter area.
- Rental cars are a more practical and often cheaper choice if you're trevelling with children.
- Renting a car will be a far cheaper option if you're going to be using a lot of taxis to travel around - partilcualy if you're staying in a more remote area.
Advantages of using public transport
If you're staying in the middle of a busy city, such as London, then using public transport may make sense in order to avoid congestion fees and costly parking charges.
If you plan on drinking alcohol from morning till night, then we'd definitley suggest making use of public transport as oppsed to driving a hire car!
- Public transport can sometimes be a cheaper option if you're only making a short, cheap journey on a train and don't require the use of transport during your stay.
Before you go...
If you've decided to hire a car for yoiur next trip away, we'd love to help you find the right vehicle at the right cost.
Whether you're travelling to South Wales and would like to hire a car upon arrival, or you're leaving these shores to explore further afield, we're here to help.
Please don't hesitate to get in touch today.